COVID-19 Resource Hub
Best practices, strategies and resources to help you feel confident and empowered
We’re all in the midst of challenging and uncertain times. And we believe human ingenuity and grit will find a way through. To that end, we’ve worked with our employers and HR leaders to respond with a breadth of resources curated by benefits, total rewards and compliance experts. Welcome to our Resource Hub.
FirstPerson hotlines for employers and employees is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
Employee Resource: Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
Whether your team has been working through the pandemic or in some phase of your back to work plan, safety is of utmost importance. Wearing a face covering is one way to help keep your employees healthy. Our team has developed an employee communication resource to help you explain who should wear a face covering and why.
Health strategy and benefits plan information you need to navigate care for your employees.
Please note that the lists below are not inclusive of all the insurance carriers we work with and resources may be added or updated frequently. If you’re looking for information from a carrier not listed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insurance Carrier Links
- Aflac »
- Anthem »
- Best Life »
- Cigna »
- Delta Dental »
- Discovery Benefits »
- Guardian Employer FAQ »
- Guardian FFCRA FAQ »
- Guardian Pandemic Support Program »
- The Hartford »
- Humana »
- IU Health »
- Meritain Member and Client Support »
- Meritain Important COVID-19 Information »
- One America »
- Principal »
- Prudential »
- Reliance Standard »
- Sun Life »
- Symetra »
- The Standard »
- Unified Group Solutions »
- UnitedHealthcare FAQ »
- UnitedHealthcare Communication Resource Center »
- UnitedHealthcare Employer Resources »
Insurance Carrier Resources
Keeping your employees healthy and safe, and informed of policies and their benefits is important in this unpredictable time. We created and curated the following resources to share with your employees and inform your organization’s policies.
- Slow the Spread of COVID-19 Face Coverings Flyer »
- FirstPerson COVID-19 Hotline Employee Communication Toolkit »
- Employee COVID-19 Toolkit »
- FFCRA Employee Rights DOL Poster and FAQs »
- Sample Pay Reduction Notices »
- Sample Recall from Furlough Revised Offer Letter »
- New Qualified Expenses for HSA, FSA and HRA »
We believe in your ability and leadership to help your team overcome this turbulent time. Check out these resources for ideas to lead through crisis and change effectively.
- Small Business Resources from the Indy Chamber »
- Building and Leading High-Performing Remote Teams »
- Five Ways to Demonstrate Leadership in Times of Crisis »
- How to Work at Home during Coronavirus Outbreak »
- Remote Working: Setting Yourself and Your Teams Up for Success »
- Small Business Guide and Checklist for Emergency Loans »
- Staffing Reductions during COVID-19 FAQs »
- Using the SCARF Model to Lead through COVID-19 »
- Rightsizing with Empathy »
The regulatory landscape surrounding COVID-19 is rapidly evolving. Over the coming days and weeks, we’ll update you on changes and share guidance. Please note the resources listed here are not to be considered legal advice. Employers should consult their counsel and advisors on their legal obligations before making any decisions.
- Coronavirus National Emergency Declaration Permits Employers to Offer Tax-Favored Financial Assistance to Employees »
- Governor Holcomb Executive Order: Stay at Home »
- Stay at Home Order Provisions FAQ »
- Congress Enacts Families First Coronavirus Response Act »
- IRS Issues Guidance Addressing COVID-19 and HSA Eligibility »
- DOL Issues FMLA Guidance for Coronavirus Public Health Emergency »
- COVID-19 in the Workplace: Suggested Guidelines for Employer Response »
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Webinar [PowerPoint] »
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Coronavirus Response Act »
- Coronavirus Response Act: Key Provisions for Employers »
- Frequently Asked Questions about Unemployment during COVID-19 »
- Student Loan Provisions of the CARES Act »
- Frequently Asked Questions: Benefits Compliance and COVID-19 »
- Frequently Asked Questions: State Compliance and COVID-19 »
- Deadline Extensions for National Emergency »
- Template: COVID-19 Safety Protocol Poster »
- Frequently Asked Questions: Qualifying events with carrier COVID-19 special enrollment offering & related scenarios »
Discover community, financial and local resources to help your workforce maintain their health and well-being.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention »
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America »
- COVID-19 and Your Organization: How to Keep Employees Healthy and Safe [Webinar] »
- Hey Money App (use discount code ‘FirstPerson’) »
- Secretary DeVos Suspends Federal Student Loan Repayments, Waives Interest During National Emergency »
- Federal Student Aid: Coronavirus and Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers and Parents »
- Thriving during COVID-19 while Social Distancing »
- Helping Our Community: United Way of Central Indiana »
- Mental Health Resources for Employers and Employees »
- Central Indiana Community Foundation: Resources to navigate the COVID-19 crisis »
COVID-19 Task Force
The Hotline is provided free of charge to FirstPerson clients and their employees. It’s a dedicated resource for employee benefits questions related to COVID-19 and a place for employers to share feedback on the support they need. Contact us Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
Note: This is not a resource for medical or legal advice. Please see a clinician or attorney for guidance.