COVID-19 Resource Hub
Best practices, strategies and resources to help you feel confident and empowered
We’re in the midst of challenging and uncertain times. You need a strong partner to help you navigate the changing dynamics of COVID-19 and understand how it impacts your organization. While we hope these resources are helpful to you, please know our team is just a phone call away. We’re at the ready to help you and your employees with your unique situation. Thank you for the trust you have in us and the opportunity to support you at this critical time. Be safe and be well.
FirstPerson clients and their employees get access to the COVID-19 Hotline free of charge. Contact us Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
Congress Enacts Families First Coronavirus Response Act
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the president signed HR 6201, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (the FFCRA), which contains several different provisions (also called Acts), which are now law. The new law will have a significant impact on employer benefits and leave policies, particularly for those employers with fewer than 500 employees.
Videos and Webinars
Health strategy and benefits plan information you need to navigate care for your employees.
Please note that the lists below are not inclusive of all the insurance carriers we work with and resources may be added or updated frequently. If you’re looking for information from a carrier not listed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insurance Carrier Links
- Anthem »
- Best Life »
- Cigna »
- Delta Dental »
- Guardian Employer FAQ »
- Humana »
- Meritain Member and Client Support »
- Meritain Important COVID-19 Information »
- One America »
- Principal »
- Prudential »
- Reliance Standard »
- Sun Life »
- Symetra »
- The Standard »
- Unified Group Solutions »
- UnitedHealthcare FAQ »
- UnitedHealthcare Communication Resource Center »
- UnitedHealthcare Employer Resources »
Insurance Carrier Resources
Keeping your employees healthy and safe, and informed of policies and their benefits is important in this unpredictable time. We created and curated the following resources to share with your employees.
- FirstPerson COVID-19 Hotline Employee Communication Toolkit »
- Employee COVID-19 Toolkit »
- FFCRA Employee Rights DOL Poster and FAQs »
- Sample Furlough Letter »
We believe in your ability and leadership to help your team overcome this turbulent time. Check out these resources for ideas to lead through crisis and change effectively.
The regulatory landscape surrounding COVID-19 is rapidly evolving. Over the coming days and weeks, we’ll update you on changes and share guidance. Please note the resources listed here are not to be considered legal advice. Employers should consult their counsel and advisors on their legal obligations before making any decisions.
- Coronavirus National Emergency Declaration Permits Employers to Offer Tax-Favored Financial Assistance to Employees »
- Governor Holcomb Executive Order: Stay at Home »
- Stay at Home Order Provisions FAQ »
- Congress Enacts Families First Coronavirus Response Act »
- IRS Issues Guidance Addressing COVID-19 and HSA Eligibility »
- DOL Issues FMLA Guidance for Coronavirus Public Health Emergency »
Discover community, financial and local resources to help your workforce maintain their health and well-being.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention »
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America »
- COVID-19 and Your Organization: How to Keep Employees Healthy and Safe [Webinar] »
- Hey Money App – use discount code FirstPerson »
- Secretary DeVos Suspends Federal Student Loan Repayments, Waives Interest During National Emergency »
- Federal Student Aid: Coronavirus and Forebearance Info for Students, Borrowers and Parents »
- Thriving During COVID-19 While Social Distancing »
COVID-19 Task Force
The Hotline is provided free of charge to FirstPerson clients and their employees. It’s a dedicated resource for employee benefits questions related to COVID-19 and a place for employers to share feedback on the support they need. Contact us Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
Note: This is not a resource for medical or legal advice. Please see a clinician or attorney for guidance.