Radiology of Indiana has informed Anthem that it will leave the network effective December 31, 2018. As such, it will no longer be an in-network provider for members beginning January 1, 2019.
Radiology of Indiana has a contract to interpret images, such as MRIs, in hospitals operated by Franciscan Alliance and Community Health Network in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, and Morgan counties; as well as Johnson Memorial Hospital and Hancock Regional Hospital.
What this means for Anthem members:
- There will be no change in the way claims are processed for the actual imaging services performed at the hospitals listed above. This is part of the facility charge. But, what Radiology of Indiana charges for reading or interpreting the images will change.
- Beginning January 1, 2019, Anthem’s portion of the charges pertaining to the reading of the images at above hospitals will be paid directly to the member at the in-network level.
- If Anthem’s payment does not cover the entire charge, Radiology of Indiana could decide to bill the member for the remaining balance. This is known as balance billing.
- Anthem provider contracts prohibit balance billing. Unfortunately, with no contract in place after December 31, 2018, Anthem cannot prevent Radiology of Indiana from balance billing members.
- Anthem members who have had images read or interpreted by Radiology of Indiana in the past year will receive a letter from Anthem in the mail about this change.
In order to get the most from their Anthem benefits, members are encouraged to discuss this issue with their doctors prior to receiving services from Radiology of Indiana.
To find an in-network provider of radiology services, members may contact the number on the back of their ID card or click on “Find a Doctor” at www.anthem.com.
If you have any questions about this provider change, please contact a member of your Account Team.