Effective Date: August 1, 2014
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for First Person and our website, www.firstpersonadvisors.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website, except where stated otherwise. It will notify you of the following:
- what information we collect;
- with whom it is shared;
- how it can be corrected;
- how it is secured;
- how policy changes will be communicated; and
- how to address concerns over misuse of personal data.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization.
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to the following, hereinafter referred to as your “Personal Information” or “Personal Data”:
- your first and last name;
- your physical address for both shipping and billing purposes;
- your telephone number;
- your email address;
your device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address;
- your device’s browser type;
- the pages of our Site that you visit;
- the time and date of your visit to this Site; and
- the time spent on our Site pages.
This Personal Information is used internally to improve the user experience of the Site and to enhance communications between First Person and the Site’s users.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website:
- Access: You may request that we confirm whether or not we are processing your Personal Information. If we are, you may request a copy of your Personal Information, which we will provide free of charge, together with information about the such processing, such as the purposes of the processing and the categories of Personal Information concerned. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access.
- Rectification: You may edit some of your Personal Information in your Site account. You may also ask us to change, update or fix your personal data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Erasure: You may request the erasure of your personal data.
- Restrict Processing: You may ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information under certain circumstances, such as if your Personal Information is inaccurate or unlawfully held.
- Data portability: You may ask for a copy of the Personal Information you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit this data to another entity.
- Object: You may object to the processing of your Personal Information on grounds relating to your particular situation under certain circumstances, for example for direct marketing. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your Personal Information will no longer be processed for such purposes by us, unless there are overriding compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or as otherwise provided under applicable law.
Please note that these rights may be limited under applicable laws.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
We partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Notification of Changes
Other Provisions as Required by Law